My best friend for afternoon tea....

I have three children; two boys and a girl. It took me until last (cold) winter to get any of the lads to drink any warm drink and even then it was hot tomato soup in a mug because, "Hey, Mum, it's a food, not a drink."


But my daughter is a mini-me. If I do something it must be good. If I swear, it must be allowed, if I wear my jimjams to put out the bins then, hey, wearing jimjams all day must be good. Actually I let them away with that at least once every holiday, although it's really more a winter activity (or lack of) than a summer one, when the sun shines and getting outside is the best course of action. But I digress.


My mini-me does what I do. And this year that has included drinking tea. Chai, Earl Grey or Assam, she doesn't mind (although Earl Grey is her favourite)


She loves tea shops


and mugs of the hot nectar
and just acting like her heroine.

(at the moment, as a Hama making Mama that's me; but I know one day it will be someone else)


FYI; the tea shops shown here are
2nd picture; Merseyside Maritime Museum 4th floor. Afternoon tea including pot of tea and cakes with finger sandwiches for £7.50. Did us all for afternoon snack, and one person for late lunch with doggy bag (and, yes, they did doggy bags! Love the place.)
3rd and 4th pictures; Mad Hatters Tearoom, Chester. Lovely fairy cakes with glitter for a reasonable price and mis-match teapot of tea in a variety of flavours. You can sit in or sit out on the Rows and watch the world go by with the advantage of being opposite Liberty Bell for fabric and a lot of wishlisting!

Comments

  1. What a lovely post about your sweet little one!
    I fancy a hot choc now!
    I spy your dresser in the background, get the paint brush out!
    Lisa xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I love reading your comments.

Popular posts from this blog

My Latest Trick...

A Heads Up for next Thursday....

Filofax; Spring Cleaning my set up