Ta Dah! First project of 2015 finished!!

Today is a glorious sunny morning. So sunny that getting a decent photo free from extreme black shadow is quite difficult. See the shadow? That's me taking the shot.


 This is my Spring Granny square blanket. I started it back in May.  When I knew the summer was coming and didn't want to be sat doing nothing all summer.

  It's made from Stylecraft special DK, in a mixed Attic 24 pack from Wool Warehouse. It sat on my knee during the summer time, as I created my Hygge spot outside. My poor Hygge spot has suffered in the gale force wind. I am desolate.

It travelled to Wales with me in its own little suitcase. Small squares, just right for the summer holidays when a large blanket is just too heavy and hot to work on.

  I have enjoyed working the squares, and sewing in the ends and joining by sewing as I go along. Watching the work grow was fun. Of course, can I find any shots of the work in progress? No. But I grabbed my chance this week to get as many squares as I could done.

 The original plan was to make a blanket 10 by 20 squares in dimension. It's actually only 10 by 14, but that's good. It's big enough to cover my feet but not my shoulders, leaving my arms free to work on the next project.

And the sharp eyed amongst you will have noticed that I had the time/energy/had overmade enough squares to make a matching cushion. This was last night's hooky fun. 9 spare squares, joined and bordered all around with a couple of coordinating rows, and backed with pink/green stripes.
The border matches the throw, being a simple dc row of green then an alternate dc stitches row of pink topped with the alternate alternate stitches of green. Very easy, quick, simple and restrained. They sit on my making chair, and I'm happy.

Comments

  1. Fabulous, and I love the matching cushion too. Is it the granny stripe pack of colours you've used? I've got a pack waiting to be made in to something, I can't make up my mind whether to make a granny stripe or use for yarn for something different.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is the granny stripe colours; I can't for the life of me remember if I ordered a pack or just used the left overs from a last project. They are lovely colours! Make a granny stripe... they are so easy and quick to do! (not like granny squares. I swear this blanket took twice as long because it was sooo fiddley!)

      Delete
  2. It's lovely. I think I have the same pack which has been waiting for a while now to be turned into a blanket.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I often have a pack of wool sitting around for a while before I get started, as much because I order well before I finish one project, but then don't feel like starting the project I thought I wanted to make next! Does that make sense?

      Delete
  3. Gorgeous! I love it and the fab matching cushion. I still haven't graduated from making little crochet flowers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But if you can make little flowers, then granny squares are easy?

      Delete
  4. It's so beautiful! I love the green around each square, I think it's a very fresh look. Very springy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The green is actually called Spring green! And the pink is called pomegranate. It does brighten up my chair, ready for spring, thank you.

      Delete
  5. It's lovely Jo, that green is very zingy and the matching cushion is great too. How satisfying it is to finish a big project, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes! And I'm on my pause before I decide what my next one is....

      Delete
  6. I love the blanket and the cushion!!! I also went back and looked at your lovely suitcase - how great is that! Shame that Paddington didn't have space for his sandwiches, perhaps he will enjoy the blanket instead now it is all done! I love the colours that you used and the coordination of the green and white borders really sets it off beautifully! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. It's not the most practical set of colours (this blanket won't get any where near the garden!) but they do add a real touch of spring to a corner of my home.

      Delete
  7. Oh yes I do love the stripy matching cushion.
    The green is a really lovely shade, I'm not surprised you are happy with it, looks totally fab.
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I love reading your comments.

Popular posts from this blog

My Latest Trick...

Filofax; Spring Cleaning my set up

A Heads Up for next Thursday....