I have a party to prepare for...


But I couldn't resist a post today. Yes, the pink party is at 4.30. Yes, I have things left to do (like wrapping a pass the parcel, drawing a pin the crown on the princess.... and a cake. Mustn't forget the cake.) But I got the camera out to check the battery and took some photos of last week's waste of time.
I got my felt out and played. You saw a set of hair bands in yesterday's post, and here are some more. The yellow and red ones still need a button in the middle, but I'm currently searching for the right ones, something small and mother-of-pearl, I think.



The little case is my pride and joy. I have a red floral Cath Kidston phone. You see, I figured if I spent money on it, I'd take care of it, right? And then I got told by my 11 year old niece that it was way cool. Well, I am chuffed to have a way cool phone, especially since her Dad has every bit of tech kit going and this is a girl who knows her chips. But my baby was not travelling well, and I did have a sleeping bag for it, a little mitten from when my real babies were small, but it was too slippy. Then I remembered Irish Craft-worker's blog about the wee felt folk book. I got my copy out and sought inspiration. Here it is. I made a little purse, used poppers for fasteners and appliqued the flowers to match the phone. It only took a couple of hours and I am well chuffed. I think I lose points for a hand-made cover with the 11 year olds, I haven't shown it her yet, but I expect it will be voted as 'dinky' which will have to do.


And that, dear friends is it for today. I'm off to finish off the pink theme by putting a pink sheet on the table. It was either that or wash my best white tablecloth with a cheap red top. Mmm.

Comments

  1. There will be waves of envy thoughout blogland when this post is viewed - a Cath Kidson phone & a handmade felt case. What more could a girl ask for apart from a slice of birthday cake and a party bag?
    Hope the party goes well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the phone and the case! Hope the party goes well, lucky girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all the felt goodies and your phone & phone case are both fantastic. I can't wait to see photos from the "pink party"!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the little phone case. I ended up getting a plain white Nokia in the end so not so much need for protection. Hope the pink party goes really well. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your phone case is so sweet! I love those Cath Kidston phones.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I love reading your comments.

Popular posts from this blog

My Latest Trick...

How did you start writing your blog?

A Heads Up for next Thursday....