I am so cut out for a life in the army as a Gunner......

I have never wanted to be in the army, really, but I do think I make a good Gunner. You know what I mean, I am gunner do this and I was gunner do that and we're gunner meet up for coffee... someday. My gunner list is getting bigger by the day.

Apart from getting my blog boogie back I want to do so much around the house, to get crafty with wool, material and paint and I am gunner find the time..... someday.

But I don't do everything I hope to. Time's winged chariot and all that. (good title for a book; I thought of it first, hands off) And that's fine because that's where my life is.


So I'll catch up with some old news. We went to York during half term week and really enjoyed it. We stayed at a lovely cottage on a farm, where there were hens and cats and dogs wandering freerange and, best of all for my three, 4 free range children who were ready and willing to play. We didn't get as much done as we had planned, but that was fine. They played and it was just like something out of Enid Blyton, with masses of children disappearing off into the wilderness to emerge when the hunger struck. Lovely, really.


We visited York three times, for the NRM where they were celebrating (mourning?) 40 years since the age of steam, for Jorvik and its sister atraction, Dig and for the Yorkshire Museums, the one at the Castle and the one in Museum gardens.


We all had a fantastic time, and we were especially impressed with the offers at the museums. If you are a UK taxpayer and you sign the gift aid declaration, you get unlimited free entry to the museums for the next year. Whoopee! There's a day out in the summer planned!



And the picture of the week? This is a toilet seat at the archaeological hands on centre, Dig. Yes, those are bits of pottery and bone buried in the resin. Mmmm, interesting.

Comments

  1. I think I must be a gunner too ;)
    Love York, but only to visit. It sounds like you had a lovely time!
    Love the toilet seat but don't know how I'd feel about sitting on old bones :O

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I love reading your comments.

Popular posts from this blog

My Latest Trick...

Filofax; Spring Cleaning my set up

A Heads Up for next Thursday....