Friends just pick up where they left off.

My friend has been and gone. She visited for 5 days and then moved on. And what a good time we had!

This is my friend Karin. I've known her since we were 13. She stayed at our house as part of a cultural exchange visit between two bands. Our St Helens band used to go to Germany and the Handharmonika Spielring used to visit St Helens.
This is a picture of St Helens.


This is a picture of Holzminden.


Go figure who had the best side of the deal.

But we wrote to each other and kept meeting up through visits and trips. Karin worked in Middlesborough for 15 months and we kept meeting up in Durham.


Sometimes we didn't keep in touch.... at all. I'm sorry for the missed time.
Sometimes all we did was a Christmas card or a short email.


But when we get together we know we're friends. And we talk.... a lot..... drink tea and coffee..... go places ("No museums. The only culture I need is a cafe culture.")
And when the stay is over it hasn't been too long.

Comments

  1. Don't you just love friends like that? I have a handful of old friends that I can sit and talk to for hours -- even though we only see each other about once each year.

    It's comforting to know that no matter how busy life gets, there are people that love us for who we are. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How wonderful to have maintained a bond of frendship over time. Glad you enjoyed the few days she spent with you.
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I love reading your comments.

Popular posts from this blog

My Latest Trick...

Filofax; Spring Cleaning my set up

A Heads Up for next Thursday....