Next September...


How much of my life do I spend looking ahead? I've worked hard since I was young to not look back and to regret nothing (and guilt, darling; that isn't even in my vocabulary. Je ne regret rien) but I can't stop looking forward.


To the weekend, to the summer holidays, to September, to Christmas..... I feel sometimes that I am so not in the moment; that I'm always looking ahead.


And sometimes I like looking ahead, but other times I don't. This year September will be fun; a new job, a role that suits my abilities and projects galore to do. 2015 = good. But 2016, well, that's a different kettle of fish.


My first little baby will be 18 and ready for university. And I don't know if he'll go far or near. Whether he'll escape to adulthood or stay in his bunk bed for a little longer.

And today we joined other bloggers like Winwick Mum and Jo at Through the Keyhole who have both blogged about Uni spotting. We went to look at a possible place (York) and begin the inevitable run that is adulthood.


Giving birth to a baby was a breeze compared to giving birth to the man and letting him go.....




Comments

  1. I can only imagine. I hope he'll find just the right place for himself, with your help, of course.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It will work out in the end, of course it will.

      Delete
  2. I am sure that all will be very well!! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And all will be well and all manner of things will be well..... good words to live by!

      Delete
  3. having both grown up in York and worked at the University I can highly recommend it, great student city and a good distance to home (which was my distance in reverse!)
    hope he finds a course he likes somewhere, what subjects is he thinking of?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. English Literature, as long as it has a broad stripe of creative writing as well!

      Delete
  4. You know that Daniel's studying at York, don't you? It just so happens that he's at home this week so if there's anything you want to know, just let me know and I'll ask him for you. It's a wonderful city, so much to see and do and it seems to be geared up for students with it having two universities. Thanks for the mention.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is another two years for us, that man thing. I hope your son will find the perfect place to go to University. Such a difficult one, isn't it? I was a home student, everybody was where I grew up, but I would like for my own children to be able to stand on their own feet sooner than I. I am saying that now but who knows, when it is time, I might not think this anymore.... Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good luck with the university visits - we found it really worthwhile visiting them and getting a feel for the place, type of campus, size etc. My eldest is off this September - I'm oscillating between excitement for her and fear of how much I'll miss her - but I know it's exactly the right thing for her to do.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This growing up is a double edged sword isn't it. I think I will worry more about Amy when she's 18 than when she was a baby. But as my Mum says, you're still my children and I never stop worrying about you. What other Uni's does he want to look at? Or is he set on York? xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good luck with the visits and vetting of the different universities. It's a big decision to make and big step for you all to take in your different ways.
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  9. It is a big step, my 2 sons are now at university and I do miss them but I see it as a positive move, they are forging their own way in life as independent adults which is as it should be. All that positive talk doesn't stop me missing them dreadfully!!
    Caz xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh Im feeling for you, and dreading the moment when I hve to do the same!....d x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I love reading your comments.

Popular posts from this blog

My Latest Trick...

Filofax; Spring Cleaning my set up

A Heads Up for next Thursday....